Friday, March 27, 2009

Look At Me Now

This is me and my groomer, Doug! He's really nice and very patient with me - and more importantly he's patient with mommy!



Doug only grooms a couple of days a week - at Harry's Aquarium - he goes to school the rest of the time [I think] His wife Jamie was by obedience trainer. She's really sweet and nice and patient too. They have a little business called Pawrific Dogs http://www.pawrificdogs.com/

They are super nice people and they house a lot of shelter animals and are very active with the local shelters - mostly SARG [I think] They know a lot about dogs and they really love dogs....so if you are in the area you might want to check them out for obedience classes or grooming! I highly recommend them.

How here's more pics from today

This is Livy checking out the shelter cats. She really loves cats - she has 3 of them. Chant, Lila and Louie! Harry's Aquarium ALWAYS has a few cats and dogs around that need new homes. Everyone who works at Harry's shelters a dog or cat and they always keep a few around for people who might want to adopt. Harry's is a really good place for animals.

They also have rabbits, and guinea pigs, and hamsters there - have you seen the video of me and the hamster? They have icky things too like lizards and snakes - but they always make sure those things are not out front when mommy's there because she doesn't like them and she's very scared of them.



And.....while mommy was there - she got me a new toy -







6 comments:

  1. oh checkers you are so cute!!! I have never been to a groomer as my mommy grooms me here at the apartment. I was wondering if you have an underbite or anything cause my best friend milly has the coolest smile!! and she is a peekapoo as well.

    lots of licks,
    lola.

    OH and I have not tried duck poop yet but I'm sure this will be my summer. But cat poop is definetly delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Checkers,

    I can finally post a comment here! WoOt!

    It looks like you had a good day at the groomers. Mom is planning on giving us baths tomorrow or Sunday.

    We like your new profile pic.

    Wags & wiggles,
    Bijou

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful, Checkers! Doug did a wonderful job making you look like the Princess that you are!

    Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there Checkers!

    My, you do look even cuter after that grooming session.

    Just read your comment to me via Truue Colours re Vancouver.
    No, I actually live in Oxford, the university city in England but have spent lots of time in Vancouver. It is a fav city of mine also.
    And, I'm nit that young either - lol!

    Pats & pets
    Blue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guess what, Checkers? We call yogurt ice cream at our house so that would mean that I'd get cookies and ice cream before bed! Am I the luckiest boy or what?! Thank you so much for the tip!

    Yer friend,
    Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now you're a real cutie patootie!

    Licks and Wags

    Tuffy of Dog WOods

    ReplyDelete