Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Minnie Moo's Challenge, Another Award, and A Rant


my buddy Golden Luke - has passed  along the  PAWSOME DOG BLOG AWARD

"This award is presented to those dog bloggers out there
who know the meaning of GREATNESS.
Their blogs are consistently interesting, funny or informative.
Their KINDNESS is extended to others without expectation of it's return,
and their FRIENDSHIP inspires others to do EXTRAORDINARY things.
These are the blogs you can't wait to read everyday.
In short, they are AWE-INSPIRING, full of wonder and simply PAWsome!
Pass this award on to 4 others who you feel exemplify a "Paw"some Blog,
and leave a note saying why you think they deserve the Pawsome Award!"


I had just gotten this  a week or so ago from another friend and I am just so honored that another friend has passed this along to me again......this time I think I just want to offer it to any friend who might read this blog today but has never received the award before........THANKS LUKE
_________
we had a pretty boring day here on Monday it was all rainy and stuff again so I couldn't go out to play anywhere -  daddy was upset because the grass is so high from all the rain and he can't get out to mow -  not that it matters because the mower is broken and he has to go to the Home Depot to buy a new one.....at least that is his excuse.   Mom has migraines from the storm fronts so she's been kinda cranky for a few days -  couple that with the "change"  and she can be a total terror.....and then there is the X-daughter in law thing -  Livy was supposed to  make First Holy Communion but the X daughter in law refused to let her go....mom was all upset because she and Livy have been preparing for this for years....Livy was supposed to wear mom's dress which came all the way from Spain way back in the 1950"s  -  from when she made First Communion and they had spent a lot of last week-end making the flower wreath for her hair and mom had gotten her a special purse and rosary and prayer book that came all the way from members of mom's biological family that they bought in Ireland last year just for this special occassion..... but no, the witch, with a capital B - didn't let it happen!!!!!   Oh dear - I've gone off on one of my rants about the X -  we don't like her so much!!!

ANYWAY -   We are going to Nashville this week-end.  Daddy has a meeting so mom and I are tagging along.   Mom's ticked because she can't find a Hilton that is dog friendly and we are going to be stuck in a Sheraton.   She doesn't like Sheraton....I don't give a flip as long as they alow dogs....Mom's been telling me about a BBQ place with a pigs that fly

apparently this Jack guy is an old friend of hers [I think they dated about 40 years ago -before she met daddy]  Anyway this Jack guy is really famous with his BBQ - I wonder if he will let me in......All I know about him is that he makes good BBQ and he rides Hunt ... whatever that is!  Mom has other friends in Nashville too -  so I think she's going to visit with some of them -   she said we'll go to the Blue Bird Cafe one night - and there is some other restaurant that they will go eat at -  it's been there forever too -  it's where they first met -  the get real nostaligic about stuff like that.....so I guess we'll have a good time.   

Now on to other things!!!!!!

Minnie-Moo has this challenge posted on her blog:

Let's see your face in a hole!! Visit the site and do a FACEinHOLE photo for your blog and then post a link to it on here so I can see. If you call your post "Minnie-Moo;s Challenge" you have a chance of winning a small prize. You have until 18 May to post one.

22 comments:

  1. That "X" person sounds like a real shrew. Shame on her. Poor Livy - wasn't she awfully disappointed? I don't like this person at all. I think she's worse than pond scum and you can tell her I said that. Woof, Tank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Checkrs....Your Face in a Hole is hysterical!

    Diego Dog

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! I'm not sure I like you as an egyptian Checkers BOL
    I'm only kdding. I still wuv you :)
    Big licks to you
    Suzuki
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dumb X woman is just plain mean, she must like doin that stuff out of plain, ol meanness!
    thanks for the award, how cool!

    Feather, Darla, Pappy & LizzaBella

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last picture is hilarious !!! Congrats on the award

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your award, Checkers!

    Wow... you look so adorable with the egyptian custom.

    Licks,
    Adele, Vincent & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  7. Checkers, that rain has been something else. Our grass finally got mowed this weekend but it looks more like it just got knocked down - it ws really tall too. Sorry about the mom's migraines. One of our humans' daughters has a terrible time with migraines. Too bad about the First Communion - it so sounded like it would have meant a lot to your family.

    We need to check out that FaceinHole site. Thanks for telling us about it.

    Tail wags, the OP Pack

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI! Thanks for entering the GSD Adventures contest. :D We couldn't see your image though in the forum so can you either email it to us or try reposting and we'll get it added to the contest page ASAP! :D

    gsdadventures@gmail.com

    Wags,
    Daphne and Pruett

    CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE PIC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Checkers! Thank you for taking part in my challenge :)

    If anyone else does, please post a link to your blog on mine so that I know you have entered :) There will be a small prize for our favourite entry.

    Minnie-Moo
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Checkers,

    Congrats on the award! Too bad about Livy. That's pretty sad. I have to say, Checkers, I love the King Tut gig!

    Wiggles,
    Brind'Amour

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry about the "X" sometimes they just do not give a hoot if it is not their biological family. Hope you have a blast in Nashville, mom has been there many years ago and loved it!! Great hole in the face photo=)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Checkers, GREAT face in hole picture!!! I did one too and I will post it later. :)

    Sorry that Livy didn't get to do her First Communion. :( Why do stinkin' parents do things like that when it affects their kids in such a negative way. :( Sheesh, just let her have her day!

    Nala

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so sorry about the X thing... that just awful!

    I know I deluge you back wif the award but it came from my heart on a counta you just been so special to me!

    Your ears are funny in that pitcher!

    Have fun this weekend and enjoy flyin pig as opposed to definitely not pig flew!!!

    wif love from the Luke

    ReplyDelete
  14. Checkers I posted a couple videos 1 from beach and the other of my friends dogs that I was dog sitting this week end : )....

    Got bad news that I MIGHT HAVE TO GET RID OF BELL.... NOT ME PERSONALLY - MY BOYFRIENDS PARENTS ARE TIRED OF HER MESSES.. I'm beside myself have no clue what to do if that happens.. Bell and I might run away!

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI Checkers,

    Sorry bout your mom's headaches and the pain in the you know what ex.

    we love your face in hole pic!

    Congrats on the double award.

    Wags & wiggles,
    Bijou

    ReplyDelete
  16. Khongrats on the pawesome awards!

    Sorry about the nasty person issues...that is so wrong to get the human pups involved in petty khrap -

    Have fun and see if your mom and dad will eat some yummy stuffs fur my mom!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra
    PeeEssWoo: Ranting is pawmitted here - easier to do THAT than do "THAT"

    ReplyDelete
  17. We feel badly for Livy! We think the X is just plain jealous!
    We love your Tut ears, Checkers!

    Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the face in hole bit, Checks -- I totally wanna use it to photoshop me hangin' out with some of the celebrities I dig. Oh man, me chillin with Depp and Guy Fieri...I can't get over it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Checkers

    Congrats on the awards and your face in that photo is great.

    Poor Livy - that was such a mean thing to happen. She must have been so disappointed. May is Communion month here as well and it is such a big deal and the children prepare for it for so long. To prevent her celebrating her First Holy Communion seems incredible.

    Have a lovely time in Nashville - your Mom needs some rest and relaxation after all that upset.

    Clive and gang

    ReplyDelete
  20. CHECKERS.... YOU'RE SUCH A CUTE DOGGIE... LOVE THE EGYPTIAN PIC :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Checkers,

    LOVE the pic! Too cute. :-) I hope you have a pawsome time in Nashville!


    Sniffs and licks,

    Chase

    ReplyDelete
  22. Could you use yet ANOTHER award? I gave you one:
    click here.

    ReplyDelete